Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken arrows  (Read 1081 times)

Anubis039

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Broken arrows
« on: January 23, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »

How do i get rid of broken arrows? they look bad and clutter up the view. particularly, will flowing water work to remove them?
TG: like if honor among thieves is something then lets call it camaraderie among ironic rapping roof ninjas

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Broken arrows
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:41:05 pm »

Inside, I believe your dorfs will clean them like bloodstains on the floor (not walls though, they're short and can't reach that high).  Outside, you can build a stone road, as this apparently stops broken arrows from appearing, which I haven't tested myself but probably works.  As for battlefield arrows, like when you're intercepting a siege, well, that's battlefield mess and it'll disappear if given time.

Corwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »

Last I heard, rain will wash away arrows like it does animal/insect corpses.

I had a desert area, had junk all over the place that never went anywhere.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 03:39:01 am »

rain is iffy...apparently the rain drops (blue dots) have to actually hit the tile to clean them...so rain has a CHANCE to clear the tile...

AWellTrainedFerret

• Bay Watcher
  • An Axe Knight draws near!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 03:54:24 am »

Have you tried using the "o"rders menu to set your dwarfs to not ignore outdoor refuse?
The Axe Knight attacks before you are ready!
The Axe Knight chants the spell of SLEEP!
Thou art asleep.
Pepare'th thine anus.
Axe Knight hath no lube.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 03:56:02 am »

broken arrows dont show up as items...therefore they are not refuse...they are map items like blood...

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:55:38 am »

How do i get rid of broken arrows? they look bad and clutter up the view. particularly, will flowing water work to remove them?
How in the name of Armok's arse-pimples did your dwarves end up firing off so many crossbow bolts that this is a serious issue?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 12:04:52 pm »

Goblins shoot projectiles too.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 12:07:33 pm »

Have a dwarf hunting for a few years in mountains for example. The thing that works best is paved roads, as they will not only remove the broken arrow graphic but also stop new ones from showing up.
So... go and pave that embark (spell out something witty with different colors)!