Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Horrible things you've done in fortress mode.  (Read 2100 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible things you've done in fortress mode.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 03:55:50 pm »

I recently had my first unfortunate accident with my count.  And I've learned a valuable lesson.  Don't suggest woodcutters for the nobility.  Basically he wanted me to make cave fish leather items because I guess I could catch cave fish somewhere in my caves and somehow turn them into leather.  I had none on hand and since his mandates were just asking for more cave fish leather items he had to go.  I executed my fort's first criminal, some unskilled leatherworker.  He got to test the height on the goblin drop tower.

So anyway my count.  After pitting about 8 crundles into his locked bedroom and a giant rat he had killed them all.  I ended up digging a cistern under his bedroom, installing a floor grate over a pit and rerouting the river through his bedroom.  Now the count's bedroom is coming equipped with upright iron spear traps.  Just one spear per tile.  I figure I can use my count to keep my hospital staff from getting too rusty.

In the next dining hall I'm installing a similar setup with goblins.  I've got several niches in the wall which after they've been smoothed and engraved I'll wall off with glass walls, I'd do windows if I thought I could avoid the cancellation spam.  And there will be single iron spikes in these rooms attached to individual levers in the dining hall.  And that'll be the entertainment, trying to find out how many pulls a goblin can survive, then letting them heal up, then doing more pulls.

Maybe after a few years I'll come up with a way to get them out and put them in a zoo.

New project to put in my Armok Temple. Thank you!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 06:20:17 pm »

Trying to slow down HFS to let my military get in position, I ordered all the milkers, soap makers, cheese makers, trappers... To get between the clowns and my fortress.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 07:20:25 pm »

The worst thing I've ever done? Mod in elves as a playable race, and have them rule over the dwarves. I am currently building a gigantic glass ceiling with a lever to kill everything and hope it's enough atonement.

Edit: it was not. Time to duplicate some mods and sleep in the middle of glaciers.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:36:14 pm by Sarda »
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 07:46:04 pm »

Still probably the execution/segregation of all males that attempt to enter my fortress.
*Hugs*

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 09:50:52 pm »

Probably not modding dwarves so they are smart enough to never migrate to my forts.
Pages: 1 [2]