Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange mood requiremets  (Read 429 times)

Zhaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Strange mood requiremets
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:05:30 am »

One of my dwarfes got strange mood (secretive). Sketches are: skeleton and a forest. Some bones she already grabbed, but "a forest".
There are about 10 logs available in stockpile...
May be she need some special sort of wood? Or just not log but BLOCK of wood?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood requiremets
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:06:59 am »

No, she needs any wood. However, if wood is the next thing on the list and she's not going for it, that means that you don't have enough of the first thing on your list. In other words, you need more bones.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Zhaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:26:05 am »

No, she needs any wood. However, if wood is the next thing on the list and she's not going for it, that means that you don't have enough of the first thing on your list. In other words, you need more bones.
Thanks. I'll try this tonight. (But she already have 14 bones  :o )

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 02:38:04 am »

Thanks. I'll try this tonight. (But she already have 14 bones  :o )

14 is just one stack of bones, though.  She probably needs 2 stacks.  I've noticed that when dwarves use bone, a stack of 60 is the same to them as a stack of 1. 

Additionally, it doesn't seem like it'll effect this particular mood, but right now, bone crafting moods are bugged so none of the decorations will factor into the worth or appear on the item.  So save your good stuff for other moods; don't give it to a bone crafter.

Good luck!
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"