Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The merchants are leaving!  (Read 593 times)

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
The merchants are leaving!
« on: January 23, 2011, 08:53:48 am »

"The merchants from Ozorzazit are leaving soon."

Yes, I know that, I stole all their stuff by deleting the trade depot.

Anyone else got eeevil little ways of depriving the other civvies from their much needed shale mugs?
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
Re: The merchants are leaving!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:30:19 am »

Well, there was this one time I placed a caged goblin next to the trade depot and chained a dragon some distance after the cage in a single line. Then I released the goblin, motivating the dragon to breathe fire all over the caravan. I'm keeping the identities of the merchants a secret but damn, they sure had a lot of combustible material.

Great fun but all the smoke might have been a bit too much.

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:30:32 am »

I must ask, why do you bother making shale mugs if you are going to rob the merchants?

I've heard that in the current version, you can just Seize Goods with no consequence, too.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:31:18 am »

I'm happy for any useless junk i don't have to make my dwarfs dump into the magma sea, so i guess no :>.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:19:41 am »

I don't bother stealing from merchants. Apparently they're so enamored of our rock cups that they'll give the fort anything I want in exchange for the eighty jillion Urist McCraftsdwarf made in his spare time.

Anything except for buzzsaw discs, apparently.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:35:31 pm »

I used to have a cave-in lever that would crush merchants whenever they showed up, but I got sick of having to rebuild everything every time, so I installed a "shower" in my depot and a drawbridge to keep peeping toms away while merchants were showering.  :)