Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Framing Dwarves  (Read 728 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Framing Dwarves
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »

I was reading the 'I think I went too far' thread (which has become a competition in the immoral/absurd as usual). When someone mentioned dwarven justice, and I just ended up with this excellent question in my head which I felt required it's own thread.

Is there, any way inside of dwarf fortress, to make a dwarf do something and have it recognized in the justice system?

And I mean directly do it, not make him miserable and he tantrums, I mean like being framed for crime, something like that.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Framing Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:09:31 pm »

1. Get a mayor
2. Wait till he mandates the production of something ubiquitous like mugs or shields or copper items
3. Produce a great number of those items, make sure they are not stored in bins
4. Hopefully he will now forbid the export of these items
5. Wait till a caravan arrives
6. Disable item hauling for anyone but your victims
7. Have them haul the items to the trade depot and trade them away (dunno if you have to trade them or moving is enough tbh)
8. JUSTICE!

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:17:44 pm »

The items have to leave your fortress' area in the possession of a trader to be in violation of the export ban.
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

Brandstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Come hug me bro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:55:44 pm »

Do bolts lodged in a retreating enemies body count as exports? Would the archer be at fault?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 06:23:27 pm »

Is there, any way inside of dwarf fortress, to make a dwarf do something and have it recognized in the justice system?

And I mean directly do it, not make him miserable and he tantrums, I mean like being framed for crime, something like that.

Toady mentioned something like this kind of nuance possibly going into the justice system of towns in adventure mode.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 06:25:34 pm »

Huh, I thought this thread about making wall hangings out of dwarves at the carpenter's.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »

One of ghost varieties can possess (not mood) dwarf and then throw tantrum, when it ends dwarf is on the same happiness level as before but is accused of crimes committed in possession.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Artzbacher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:23:19 pm »

This whole idea to frame dwarves is excellent, especially with the hauling of forbidden stuff solution. Sometime in the future I'd like to have a fortress consisting mainly of chained, miserable dwarves.

Corwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 01:56:24 am »

Kill a dwarf.
Skin dwarf for leather.
Tan leather.
Make leather goods at crafts shop.
Eventually get leather picture.
Frame, perhaps from bones of dwarves.