Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So clothing your dwarfs is totally bugged?  (Read 615 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So clothing your dwarfs is totally bugged?
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:10:49 am »

So, all my dwarfs are running around nude and there's nothing I can do about it?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: So clothing your dwarfs is totally bugged?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:16:05 am »

Seems quite dorfy to me.

"Aye look, Urist, 'ere come the elven traders!"

"Greetings, master dwarf. We bring you many - I SAY! Cover yourself, for pity's sake!"

"Wha' fer? T's a warm climate."

"..."

"So how 'bout that booze?"

"..."

"(Leans over to Urist) Ah fink she's smitt'n with me manly charms."

"Ach. Ye poor sod. Fawned o'r by an elf."
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:41:37 am »

the only way around it that i've heard is to enlist everyone in the military, leave them all off duty all the time, assign them basic clothing as uniforms and have them wear the uniforms off duty.

depends on whether you think this is worth it.  reasons i've heard to do it:
1) possibility of frostbite (I haven't seen any yet, but you never know)
2) FB/demon ichor - this is the big one, it gets everywhere but shoes can keep it from touching your dwarves. 

up to you whether it's worth it or not.  i'm experimenting with it now; i'll post here (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75520.msg1898240#msg1898240) and let you know how it goes...
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:43:46 am »

There is actually another advantage in doing this. If you set your civilian squads to carry drinks and produce a flask for everyone they will carry drinks around and since filling a flask with booze and drinking from a flask takes next to no time compared to standing on a barrel for ages you get a nice productivity boost out of this. If you set them to carry food too and make backpacks they will do the same with food but they won't eat in the dining room anymore so they will miss out on that happy thought (eating with a table doesn't take that long anyway so i usually just set them to carry drinks and no food).
Making ~20 squads for 200+ dwarfs and carefully not selecting any real soldiers is a big hassle tho, and miners/woodcutters/hunters don't wear uniforms so this work around won't work for them.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:14:59 pm »

the only way around it that i've heard is to enlist everyone in the military, leave them all off duty all the time, assign them basic clothing as uniforms and have them wear the uniforms off duty.

depends on whether you think this is worth it.  reasons i've heard to do it:
1) possibility of frostbite (I haven't seen any yet, but you never know)
2) FB/demon ichor - this is the big one, it gets everywhere but shoes can keep it from touching your dwarves. 

up to you whether it's worth it or not.  i'm experimenting with it now; i'll post here (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75520.msg1898240#msg1898240) and let you know how it goes...

I'm not gonna be messin' with any FBs, so I'll go with nude dorfs