Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Steel vs candy battleaxe?  (Read 4271 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Steel vs candy battleaxe?
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 10:07:54 am »

I too try to keep them at a distance, but I don't usually retreat far enough to disengage. In fact, it was my understanding that running away from bogeymen was impossible, i.e. that the "cackling" only "went away" after you killed all of them; but I may be mistaken about that.
it goes away once you hit the town. They keep on spawning and it's impossible to kill them all.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 10:09:24 am »

I too try to keep them at a distance, but I don't usually retreat far enough to disengage. In fact, it was my understanding that running away from bogeymen was impossible, i.e. that the "cackling" only "went away" after you killed all of them; but I may be mistaken about that.
it goes away once you hit the town. They keep on spawning and it's impossible to kill them all.
Bogeymen will go away after sustaining a certain amount of losses, when the sun comes up, or when you enter a house.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 10:11:24 am »

I never tried running from them for long enough to figure that out. I just assumed, after they seemed to teleport or spawn all around me, that I had to kill them all before they went away.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:12 am »

You're right in that you can't actually run away from them. They will simply poof into existence next to you again and keep attacking. If it's near dawn you might be able to survive that way until the sun comes up though.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 11:36:32 am »

I'm building an obsidian fortress. In adventure mode.

Well anyway candy shield has helped me run. Legendary shield user is awesome with adamantine shield. goes very quickly, can block a lot
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 12:17:08 pm »

If block is checked before dodge, speed would be very good. Dodging eventually makes your military useless if they get swarmed by enough enemies since they spend all their time doing gymnastics and none of it fighting. (Tested in arena)
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 12:18:06 pm »

When I first heard the term "Candy metal", I got curious and instantly clicked on every spoiler tag there was.

haha me too and i have yet to find it

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 03:36:17 pm »

So... what is the axe worth?

Well... judging by ... a masterwork steel battle axe is worth 12,680 (ish) DBs.  Candy is worth 10x more than steel and artifact stuff is 10x more than masterwork... so 1,268,000 DBs.  (ish)
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 06:57:00 pm »

+36,000 for guaranteed adamantine decoration.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]