Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DF Comics  (Read 9501 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Comics
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:36 am »

[[EPIC PIC]]
I see no amount of Kneeling, Lowering of ones head or Bowing will help pass those...
The Joke if people didn't get it was an Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade quote, if you haven't seen it go watch it...
For those that have but didn't get what I meant I will spoiler it, as it spoils a good bit of the movie...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:39:56 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 07:26:32 pm »

I have a story for You to draw. I call it "New Hope: A viscous cycle". This is pretty long, so ofc feel free to modify it, if You even want to draw it, that is.

1) New migrants arrive. After hardships of their journey they are relieved to reach safety of a growing fortress, and full of hope for the future. Dwarfs haul some stuff in the distance.

2) They are sorted by overser. Most are drafted into military.

3) Battle hardened veterans, scarred, covered in armour, dirt, blood, and vomit, some of them missing limbs, give rookies scournfull, pitifull, and disdainfool looks.

4) Armour dwarf gives each of them a list of equipment, and shoves them to the armor and weapons stockpile.
Their note says:

Code: [Select]
cap x2
helm
hood x6

breastplate
mail shirt x2
dress
cloak x6

trousers x2
greavers

gauntlets
mittens

sock
boot
sock
boot       [i]In that exact order, you morons! [/i]

backpack
waterskin
quiver

crossbow
melee weapon   x2  [i]Choose any[/i]
shield x2

wooden bolts   x25
bone bolts  x25
metal bolts  x25     [i]Use this in emergency only![/i]

Or something equally riduculous.

5) They rumorage through the stockpiles picking bloodied things at random. There is not enough for everybody. Some get munchkined-out, others get little protection. There is plenty of crossbows tough.

6) They manage to stumble upon some bolts. Again, there is not enough for everybody.

7) They go to train. No danger rooms, please. Those that have bolts, shoot them at archery ranges, others try to swing their crossbows with confused looks. No one bothers to switch to backup weapon

8) A vile fort of darkness has arrived!

9) About a third of the goblins manage to make it through traps, they shoot bows at animals chained at entrance.

10) The military engages. They used their bolts for training, and still suck at hitting things with wooden crossbows.

11) Military gets owned in bloody carnage. Veterans barely manage to save the day, and remaining goblins eventually flee or die. Some recruits manage to make it alive.

12) Everyone starts looting fallen comrades.

13) New migrants arrive. After hardships of their journey they are relieved to reach safety of a growing fortress, and full of hope for the future. Dwarfs haul some stuff in the distance.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 11:28:37 pm »

I have a story for You to draw. I call it "New Hope: A viscous cycle". This is pretty long, so ofc feel free to modify it, if You even want to draw it, that is.

1) New migrants arrive. After hardships of their journey they are relieved to reach safety of a growing fortress, and full of hope for the future. Dwarfs haul some stuff in the distance.

2) They are sorted by overser. Most are drafted into military.

3) Battle hardened veterans, scarred, covered in armour, dirt, blood, and vomit, some of them missing limbs, give rookies scournfull, pitifull, and disdainfool looks.

4) Armour dwarf gives each of them a list of equipment, and shoves them to the armor and weapons stockpile.
Their note says:

Code: [Select]
cap x2
helm
hood x6

breastplate
mail shirt x2
dress
cloak x6

trousers x2
greavers

gauntlets
mittens

sock
boot
sock
boot       [i]In that exact order, you morons! [/i]

backpack
waterskin
quiver

crossbow
melee weapon   x2  [i]Choose any[/i]
shield x2

wooden bolts   x25
bone bolts  x25
metal bolts  x25     [i]Use this in emergency only![/i]

Or something equally riduculous.

5) They rumorage through the stockpiles picking bloodied things at random. There is not enough for everybody. Some get munchkined-out, others get little protection. There is plenty of crossbows tough.

6) They manage to stumble upon some bolts. Again, there is not enough for everybody.

7) They go to train. No danger rooms, please. Those that have bolts, shoot them at archery ranges, others try to swing their crossbows with confused looks. No one bothers to switch to backup weapon

8) A vile fort of darkness has arrived!

9) About a third of the goblins manage to make it through traps, they shoot bows at animals chained at entrance.

10) The military engages. They used their bolts for training, and still suck at hitting things with wooden crossbows.

11) Military gets owned in bloody carnage. Veterans barely manage to save the day, and remaining goblins eventually flee or die. Some recruits manage to make it alive.

12) Everyone starts looting fallen comrades.

13) New migrants arrive. After hardships of their journey they are relieved to reach safety of a growing fortress, and full of hope for the future. Dwarfs haul some stuff in the distance.

Wonderful placement of number 8. :D

Awesome idea too. Not quite funny, but really great idea none the less.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]