Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My very first post in this forum, due to the sheer awesomeness of DF!  (Read 1217 times)

Urist McWTF?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear Dwarf Fortress community,

I apologize for starting a thread which must already exist in countless variations, but I just cannot stop myself. I have been playing DF for some weeks now, and the game still does not cease to amaze me. Right now I had to register to the forums in order to express my shock and awe for the awesomeness of the artifact one of my metalsmiths created:

"Osoderar Kesting Karas" - Boneleaders the meteor of compassion a iron throne

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The thing is, I just repelled my very first goblin ambush (for some reason I seem to be low on ambushes, time played ingame 4 years) by crushing 4 goblins under a bridge, capturing one and killing the remaining two with my military, taking 3 casualties in the process. Right after burying one of the fallen, my metalsmith withdraws from society, creating the aforementioned throne. (Maybe his way of honoring the dead?)

I never had a more fitting artifact the entire time I played DF. I mean, "iron" and "throne" are really a perfect dwarfy combination. And it is worthy of a dwarven king dwarf, considering it is studded with iron and adorned with hanging rings of red grossular. And using goblin bones in rememberance of the first major victory of this fortress is very fitting. Even the name, though randomly generated, is just awesome and relates to the events before the throne was created!

But the thing I absolutely LOVE is the addition of PINK garnet. Just imagine meeting the dwarven King, sitting on a throne that embodies the might of the dwarfes, the fear they invoke in their enemies and the - PINKNESS - of their random silliness!

I love this game!

(I apologize if I made some strange sentences up there, English is not my mothertongue)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:07:59 pm by Urist McWTF? »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My very first post in this forum, due to the sheer awesomeness of DF!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:19:23 pm »

Just wait until you get a artifact that has a whole page of stuff on it ( Or better yet a carving of dwarves killing elves )

Urist McWTF?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:38:45 pm »

I'm looking forward to it. But to this date I have killed more female kittens than elves. Is there a possibility of something like "The dwarf strikes a menacing pose. The kitten flees in terror. This relates to the Killing of 99 kittens in Speartrapped" showing up?

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 04:43:01 pm »

I'm looking forward to it. But to this date I have killed more female kittens than elves. Is there a possibility of something like "The dwarf strikes a menacing pose. The kitten flees in terror. This relates to the Killing of 99 kittens in Speartrapped" showing up?
I don't think so, we'd get a lot of thees if it was.

Urist McWTF?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 04:52:13 pm »

I guess you are right. A shame! Well, maybe not.  :D

"Come on lads, bring the elves!"  8)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »

Yes the best fun of vanilla DF melting Elves AHHHHHHHHHH......... That was relaxing

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 05:00:56 pm »

Welcome to Bay12, Urist mcWTF. We're generally a friendly, intelligent and generally awesome group of peeps, and I think I speak for us all when I say that we look forward to seeing more of you in the future.   :)

Urist McWTF?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 05:06:29 pm »

Thank you Sir! I've been stalking the forums for some time now, so I know people around here are exactly like you described it. Especially the "awesome" part! I sincerely hope to someday meet the general level of awesomeness the other players exhibit!  :D

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:14:12 pm »

Oh Ya Remember The # 1 Rule Losing Is Fun
No seriously its hilarious when you get like curbstomped by a siege of 50 orcs then 3 caravan guards come along and just destroy them

Urist McWTF?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 05:18:45 pm »

The #1 rule is the reason i was able to convince a friend to get some dwarf experience himself. And then he introduced me to the epic fail legend of Boatmurdered. Changed my life. :D

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 05:19:19 pm »

Oh Ya Remember The # 1 Rule Losing Is Fun
No seriously its hilarious when you get like curbstomped by a siege of 50 orcs then 3 caravan guards come along and just destroy them
The second rule is don't pull the lever in the corner.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 05:20:50 pm »

Yes Boatmurdered that shows you what real dwarves can do so get out those hospitals u lazy bums

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »

Welcome to DF. Just wait until you get your first bronze colossus.
くコ:彡

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 07:15:27 pm »

Or water lol it just falls apart when hit
roflmao