Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile categories - armor vs finished goods  (Read 3836 times)

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile categories - armor vs finished goods
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:08:48 pm »

Does anyone know why there are apparently overlapping stockpile categories for "armor" and "finished goods"?  Specifically, "finished goods" contains these subcategories:

armor, footwear, headwear, handwear, legwear

There's also a "material" and "metal" selection, but if you make a "finished goods" stockpile that only accepts metal armor, footwear, headwear, handwear, and legwear nothing will ever be put in it.  Finished goods only seems to work for non-metal armor -- leather, bone, plant/silk clothing, etc...

Which brings us to the actual "armor" category, which also has "material" and "metal" selection but only seems to accept metal armor and doesn't accept leather, bone, etc... but it *does* let you specify exact pieces of clothing or armor -- breastplates, mail shirts, trousers, leggings, socks, etc.

----

So here's the problem:  how do I create a stockpile that only accepts specific pieces of leather armor?  For example, in my standard uniform kit I use leather cloaks, hoods, and trousers -- everything else is trash, so I want to make a stockpile that only accepts those items...  I can do this just fine for *metal* armor using the "armor" stockpile, but not for leather or bone apparently since "finished goods" only has generic "legwear" and "handwear" type categories?

--nomad_delta

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile categories - armor vs finished goods
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:59:10 pm »

Yeah, only leather armor, bone leggins shell leggins and stuff like that will end up on an armor stockpile. AFAIK there is no solution to your problem you will have to make do with a finished goods stockpile for the cloaks, hoods and trousers and have to dump the leather gloves and other crap that ends up there via the stocks screen.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile categories - armor vs finished goods
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »

Was afraid of that...  I guess what I'll do is make a separate finished leather goods pile that only accepts superior/exceptional/masterwork items and have everything else go to the dump/trade depot piles.  At least that way the crap I collect after every goblin siege shouldn't clutter up the actual armory pile near my barracks, since I think most of the goblin stuff is low-quality.

--nomad_delta