Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interupted by forgotten beast  (Read 717 times)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interupted by forgotten beast
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:33 am »

I designed my magma forges over a lava lake I found in the first cave layer. I dug a path straight to the lava and built an artificial floor over it for my forges. I walled off all other paths to the caves. Everything was fine, until a forgotten beast came. It is sitting on the other side of the Lava lake, one Z-level up and somehow it is stopping all my dwarfs near it from doing anything. I had some storage setup for lignite ore and every dwarf who bring ones down gets stuck in an endless loop of what he tries to do being canceled by forgotten beast. Theres no path for the beast to get me, but my dwarfs are scared shitless or somethign and my fortress is coming to a halt since nobody is working. Everyone who comes down there won't leave. I don't even know if I can even make a bridge to go fight the thing, since the masons wouldn't complete anything I tell them.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interupted by forgotten beast
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:51:43 am »

if there is no ceiling over your forges and they are in the open, then yes, they will see the creature and freak out.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:09:18 am »

I sense a cave-in coming.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:03 am »

Send in the military.  Fighting forgotten beasts near cavern lakes is Fun.