Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Genning for broadleaf forests  (Read 400 times)

Angelarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Genning for broadleaf forests
« on: January 16, 2011, 11:06:16 pm »

On all the worlds I have gen'd I have found broadleaf forests a rarity among the biomes I have encountered.  What are the ideal settings for a broadleaf forest (a temperate one ideally)?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genning for broadleaf forests
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:32:44 am »

its ideal to not be such a dirty elf.

to attempt to answer your question, I would guess a lower deviation of elevation, lower deviation in temperature, and higher precipitation.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genning for broadleaf forests
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:36:27 am »

maybe he wants broadleaf forests so he can cut them down? Oak wood is nice.

Wiki says mid elevation, high rainfall, high drainage and non-freezing for forests. Added to that, fiddle with the temperature ranges to get plenty of temperate terrain. I suspect it's just random whether you get broadleaf or conifer forest, but boosting the amount of forest terrain generally should give you more chance for broadleaf forests overall.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.