Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: leveling Architecture skill  (Read 699 times)

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
leveling Architecture skill
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:07:09 pm »

Is there a good way to level an architect's skills?  All I can think of is building a 3x road all the way off the map... in 1x1 squares.  Is this really all there is, or is there something obvious I'm missing?  Anyone had success here?

I'd just like to have a high level architect to design my wells & make things all fancy. =P
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: leveling Architecture skill
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »

I'm not 100% sure but i think any building that needs architecture will give xp, best i can think of is building loads of supports.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:41:23 pm »

Supports.  Lots and lots of supports, it's the fastest/least resource-intensive way.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »

Levelling architecture is almost the only thing I use the higher learning mod for.
I sometimes use it to keep my medical dwarves' skills from rusting, but danger rooms and children will do wonders for that as well :D
Building supports is just too much of a grind for my taste.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479