Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What kind of mining DID you do?!  (Read 747 times)

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What kind of mining DID you do?!
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:58:43 pm »

Yeah so I'm Dwarfing my fort like usual when a bunch of immigrants came, one of them being a miner that I decided to check the stats of and well..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That must be some intense mining!

Also it's a she for anyone curious.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:07:18 pm by Tyler6498 »
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of mining DID you do?!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:01:30 pm »

Probably met an uninvited guest and fought it off singlehandedly.  Then his boss thought, "hey, I know an outpost that  could use a guy such as you"

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »

Mining Goblinite, of course.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:09:21 pm »

When you draft a military captain, you take the dwarf best suited for the job. When nobody has any training, the best is the strongest. Who's stronger than the mighty miner striking (and breaking) repeatedly the oh-so-robust rock? (just tell me, really... any regular job giving nice strenght to a dwarf? Except pump operator, a rare job in world gen forts...)

Once military captain, a dwarf can't go back. Defend, for some newbies will take care of the mining for ya. That's the way it works, pal.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:38:52 pm »

That makes sense, but if they were going to train him to use the axe, why not choose the nemesis of the elven nation? The woodcutter!
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.