Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Massive piles of loot outside my walls  (Read 1095 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Massive piles of loot outside my walls
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 10:17:07 pm »

mrbaggins, build at least a 1x3 atom smasher, in  1x4 room, with stairs leading to a room above it. Channel out a hole above the bridge. Connect a lever to the bridge, and pull it. Now designate the hole, 1x2, as a garbage dump. Then place a hatch, over the stairs, to prevent dwarfs from getting squished.
Code: [Select]

ttdtt ttw
       wwufbbbww
       wwwwwwwww
t=tunnel
w=unexcavated  stuff
f=floor
b=bridge
the gap on first line is a hole,lol
d/u is stairway

Its nice to set it up, near your main entrance. Deactivate your other garbage ares, (usually quantum stockpiles), and your dwarves will have a quicker route to dump worthless enemy in the CDU
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:31:23 pm by Fredd »
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 10:24:34 pm »

Just sell it to caravans.  Or decorate it all and sell it.

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 11:01:01 pm »

Fredd, the problem is that the dwarves have claimed the clothing, so dumping/pitting doesn't actually make them move the crap.

KVC627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 03:29:05 pm »

Is the stuff outside from killed enemies?  You need to go to the Orders, Forbid and claim death items.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »

I do lots of killing direct dwarf on goblin outside the walls of my fort.  I've built several outside atomsmashers to reduce the time it takes for dwarves to haul it in and eliminate it.  After every siege there is a massive cleaning and dumping party.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 04:21:22 pm »

Even if you SPEED:0 to collect it, you'll always get more. It gets out of hand fast.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 03:22:27 pm »

The best solution is probably to just kill all invaders with a magma trap. Less fun and some leather bits don't seem to burn up tho.
Is there any way to make a drowning trap that flushes the goblin clothing and body parts directly on a DAS?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 04:00:59 pm »

The problem with magma is that it won't melt the iron the goblins leave behind, which can form a good fraction of the loot left behind.

Building a flush trap is possible, but probably annoying to build. I've never made one, consult a plumber about it.

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 05:43:30 pm »

Why is iron a problem? You can easily melt that stuff. It's clothing that gets claimed but never worn, or similarly, clothing that gets replaced and the old stuff just gets dropped and never moved again.

There needs to be a way to force-move an item. Like how soldiers can be burrowed, or you can station them, but for stockpiles vs force-move.
Pages: 1 [2]