Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to strip caged enemies and how to deal with them  (Read 3514 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
How to strip caged enemies and how to deal with them
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:12:42 am »

title says it all. help me please

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to strip caged enemies and how to deal with them
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:13:58 am »

designate a pit build the cage by the pit and assign them to pit, have army at bottom.  at least thats how i do it, no idea how to strip them, army of 3+ steel armored should be able to deal with a goblin one at a time

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:42:21 pm »

to strip them, use d-b-c to claim everything they're wearing then d-b-d to dump it.  you can then reclaim it all from the garbage dump. 

if you want, you just reclaim and dump their weapons, from the stocks menu (z) if you want them to stand up to your dwarves better in an arena (if you're trying to train dwarves that way). 

I use the same method with the pit/army to kill them all, but I generally have my new trainees who don't have any kills yet, in full armor but with wooden training weapons.  that way, they take forever to kill and my guys get lots of training. 
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

mattspierce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 01:49:55 pm »

I find the most efficient manner is to create a dump site only accessible by a door near your finished goods stockpile or depot.  Keep it locked until you have a load of cages to empty.  Here is the clever bit.  Lock out your other dump sies.  Unlock the door and then select d b d dump the lot of cages. The cages are now moved near your trade zone.  Once they are moved there use d b c to unforbid the goods in the cage.  Your haulers now swarm the cages and strip the guests of their goodies.  Since they are right on the dump they don't wast time.