Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infinity (Another Table Top War Game)  (Read 3834 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinity (Another Table Top War Game)
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:19:26 am »

So I just stumbled across this tabletop war game called Infinity. It seems to be pretty cool.
It's got themed armies and stuff, but the best part is that the rules are 100% free, or so I've been led to believe.

The main website:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/
The online army builder:
http://infinitythegame.com/dt_army/
The Infinity Wiki:
http://infinitythegame.wikispot.org/Home?action=show&redirect=Front+Page
The Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_%28wargame%29

I'm looking to start up playing this game as an alternative to 40k, but I don't know which army to pick. I'm thinking of doing Line Kazaks as my first army list.
The models don't look bad, and aren't too expensive either*. They're full metal, though.

So, Infinity, discuss.
Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Infinity (Another Table Top War Game)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:41:32 am »

I have always liked tabletop miniatures gaming, and this one looks as good as any others. The thing I just cant do any more is gather all those minis, not to mention expecting enough other people to do the same so I can actually play. It's a very fun hobby on it's on, building set pieces and painting and all that, but I been there and done that.

A while back, my friend and I started playing with whatever crappy plastic toys we could find a lot of. Just went down to the toy shop and bought hundreds of these things. Toy dinosaurs were a fun addition.

Yeah they dont look all cool, but neither does DF in ascii mode, or any mode really :P
I got nothing

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:00:05 am »

Yeah the cossacks of ariadna are pretty cool, I like some of the combined army stuff.

I used to play 40k and warmachine, but I kinda stopped, and now I think the place I played at doesn't even exist anymore. I'd like to get back into this type of stuff at some point, but I don't know if I'd be interested in this one.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:30:49 am »

I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to buy any more 40k mini's from GW, because of the recent price hikes.
That's why I've decided on picking up another tabletop game to play, and Infinity seemed to be the best one because of the free books and low army costs.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 02:43:10 am »

Looks nice.

RE 40k, you could just use Vassal.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 05:37:30 am »

I would use vassal, but my friends who play 40k don't want to/can't play on vassal.
I have played on vassal, and it is great fun. However, as I said, my friends aren't willing/can't do do that.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 06:11:33 am »

Get new friends Well, whatever works for you.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »

Wow, what a coincidence. I just stumbled upon this a few days ago and ordered the Ariadna starter pack.

Sadly, all the 'wargamers' (I use that term loosely) on Bay 12 are all GW's mindless slaves, who refuse to play anything else.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 02:00:25 am »

That is true.
That's why I started this thread, to culture Bay12 into other games.
Well, at least somewhat. It was mainly because I was bored.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 12:04:09 pm »

I also tried to get into flames of war with a soviet army...well considering the models are like a third of the size of warhammer/warmachine models, I bought like 1/6th of my army if that, and it was litterally like 300 of those I had to paint.