Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ignoring burrows?  (Read 344 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ignoring burrows?
« on: January 12, 2011, 08:58:05 am »

i have some miners at the bottom of a shaft that are starving and thirsty, i need a single channel to save them, however noone will mine it so i assigned all my miners to a burrow around that area, yet they keep digging far away and none are moving towards it.

whats wrong?

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
Re: ignoring burrows?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:18:26 am »

If the miners at the bottom have picks, they should be able to cut their own way out if you designate them the right path.  You shouldn't have to rely on your other miners.

I'm not sure how it interacts with burrows (which are a new concept), but miners will prefer to mine the block closest to the top left corner of the map.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:37:05 am »

its a magma tunnel, i am making it to power my smithing, i need a channel for them to escape, can that be done from below?

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:09:14 am »

There is no problem involving solid stone that a miner cannot dig his way out of.  You might try having them build staircases into the wall (and the corresponding staircase on the level below/above).
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Bobinater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 08:55:46 pm »

using the upward ramp command from below is the same as using the channel command from above if there is a solid wall there.