Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: game controllers crap monitors and arcadish games  (Read 642 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
game controllers crap monitors and arcadish games
« on: January 24, 2011, 06:57:29 pm »

I have more than one pc, the pc in my uni home is a canablised office pc sporting 1.7 semphron (or what ever the lame version of athlon is) a 512 radeon and 512 ram. Ive recently got wireless sorted on it, and bought a trust plugin gaming pad in order to connect to my steam account and get down on VVVVV and supermeat boy. Only to find that supermeat boy brings up monitor cannot display this display mode (the monitors an early flat screen philips brilliance 151ax) because, presumably supermeatboy has a default setting of higher than 1024x768pix (the max for this monitor. And VVVVV, doesnt seem to recognise the controller.

Can supermeatboy be set to a lower res? and can it be done without going into the game, or if possible can some one give me nav instructions (i.e. a list of direction buttons /enter presses as i cant see the menus).

Can VVVVV utilise gamepads? how do u set em up. The gamepad is configured and tested in windows.

anyone recommend any good games to exploit my gamepad on that will run on this pile of scrap called a pc?

cheers
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: game controllers crap monitors and arcadish games
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 07:46:32 pm »

You can get your controller to do pretty much anything with XPadder. Here is the free version; newer versions cost money.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Xpadder.shtml

Also a great game is And yet it moves.