Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ending of Fallout: New Vegas (SPOILERS!)  (Read 2333 times)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ending of Fallout: New Vegas (SPOILERS!)
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:15:01 pm »

So, I wrote this thread to see if anyone else feels a bit gyped by the ending of Fallout: New Vegas. In particular, after you go to all that work in the Wild Card ending, Yes Man tells you he's leaving to become more 'independent'. And since they've (claimed) they won't make a post-game expansion pack, that basically means....

Well, he seems to be implying he's not going to listen to you anymore. So between Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout: New Vegas 2 (or whatever), you have the possibility of everything you've personally done going out the window without you getting a chance to affect it. I can see why, but I feel a bit cheated.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ending of Fallout: New Vegas (SPOILERS!)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:24:48 pm »

Serves you right for wanting to have all that power for yourself.
On a more serious note, yes, though I moreso felt cheated by House forcing me to take out the BoS.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:09:04 pm »

I can't complain about my ending with the NCR since it was about as perfect as could be. I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't use my immense Science skills to gain control of the robot army and use it to secure political power such as governorship of New Vegas.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »

I preferred my own personal ending. Where, after getting the Meat of Champions perk, I just genocided the wasteland.
*Hugs*

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:36:08 pm »

So, I wrote this thread to see if anyone else feels a bit gyped by the ending of Fallout: New Vegas. In particular, after you go to all that work in the Wild Card ending, Yes Man tells you he's leaving to become more 'independent'. And since they've (claimed) they won't make a post-game expansion pack, that basically means....

Well, he seems to be implying he's not going to listen to you anymore. So between Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout: New Vegas 2 (or whatever), you have the possibility of everything you've personally done going out the window without you getting a chance to affect it. I can see why, but I feel a bit cheated.

You shouldn't expect to have complete control over everything. You are reliant on your goons to stay in power, so obviously your goons must have a say in how to run your empire. Yes Man may not listen to your orders and obey them, but he may still serve you to the best of his ability and protect your dictatorship. He'll just "forget" when you tell him NOT to turn New Vegas into a police state.

(Also, the ending is impacted by your alignment: you are able to change the ending cutscene (and, by implication, influence Yes Man's behavior).)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:03:10 pm »

I haven't beaten the game yet. Though I must say that I am quite enjoying the game.

On my first play through, I've been going down the Yes Man path, and probably about half way done with that with an uninformed estimation. I have to admit that I am not that surprised that he more or less screws me over. His dialogue with the Courier is quite passive aggressive and demeaning. He seems to be a back seat driver really.

I went with the Yes Man, as it seem to match the character I've been playing out. More or less a good guy but who gets everything he can without a care for what it does to the persons around him. More or less get every cap and bit of reward I could from everyone.

I've been doing mostly NCR and Yes Man quests. It seems like those two branches will be open for me for sometime. Unlike Fallout 3, I think will play through New Vegas again, and try to get different endings and concentrate on other friends. Currently I have Boone and Ed (I got Ed upgraded through the BoS, so I could get the power armor.)

Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 08:31:42 pm »

yeah I thought it was weak sauce myself..Yes Man..really?? I could have wack that robot ass and all his buddies with ease, so yes..I feel ripped off becuase I should have been lording over the small handful of slobs I left alive in New Vegas
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf