Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DF 31.18] nobles and Nobles ?  (Read 988 times)

mgcatalipse

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[DF 31.18] nobles and Nobles ?
« on: January 14, 2011, 03:47:25 pm »

Hello everyone,

I have a question, how much noble are activate in the last version of the game ?

I make a forum search but i don't get my answer.

I found how to get baron, count and duke and i read that the nobles who come by immigration are buged but the wiki list it at all and i don't know who come or not ??? wiki are explicit for dongeon master but for the other, there aren't information nor for this function or when it come.

So i'm lost in the lot of information i read and i don't know what is for 31.18 or just information for older version like 31.16 etc...

The wiki talk to lot of noble but there are any information and for me, nooby who not play other version it the hell.

Thus i ask your help for lighting me, thanks you all.

And i'm sorry for my english, I pray that is understandable :p

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: [DF 31.18] nobles and Nobles ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »

The Dungeon Master, Tax Collector, and Hammerer are allegedly still in the game, but never show up due to a bug.

The Philosopher was removed from the game.

The Mayor is elected by your dwarves.  Due to a bug in the current version there is no message associated with this, so the only way to know you have a Mayor is to check your Nobles screen.

The Militia Commander, Captain of the Guard, Chief Medical Dwarf, Bookkeeper, Manager, and Broker are all assigned manually by you.

The Baron/Count/Duke can be gotten, but the process is a little buggy.  In order to get this noble you have to have a fortress which meets the requirements for population and wealth.  You then have to keep the Outpost Liaison from talking to your Mayor until after the dwarven trade caravan has completely left the map.  If you do this, the Outpost Liaison will offer to make one of your dwarves into the new Baron/Count/Duke.  If any of the traders are still on the map when the meeting occurs, you won't get this meeting.  The actual promotion to noble status won't happen until some time after the Liaison is done talking and leaves the map.

The King allegedly shows up when your fortress is large and wealthy enough.  I have yet to see this happen, but I don't let my fortresses get that large.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 04:05:51 pm »

I can share my experience with nobles at least.

First at some point the outpost liason will make the fortress a barony.  You then need to choose a dwarf to become the baron.  As you get more wealth that noble will rise in rank (count, duke).  I've had no noble emigrate to my fortress, although I hear that it is possible that the king will come.  Most people that have dungeon master's have gotten them by making edits to the entity RAWs before generating their world, although it may be possible for them to arrive once you have a duke.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 04:08:19 pm »

Press [n]oble to see who you hava, and who you can appoint.

Basically you have to appoint minor nobles (broke, bookkeper, chef medical dwarf, etc. manually)

When your fortress is big enough the liaison (the guy that comes with caravans to ask what you need and negotiate prices) will ask who you want to appoint as a baron. To maximize !fun! recommend somebody. That dwarf will then become a royal pain in the ass.

I wouldn't worry who comes to your fortress and who doesn't. Just hit [n]obles once a season, see who you have, who you can appoint, who needs what, and who demands what.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

mgcatalipse

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »

Thanks you for speedy answer all.

I have a duke on my last fortress and i build to have the king ( i wait it but i don't know how many rose gold road make 5k ^^). That i learn this 4 are ok. But if you read the wiki it's full and nothing tell you if he come or not.

Like captain : http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Captain There is just nothing about it.

Or

Champion

For information on the Champion title given to legendary soldiers in previous versions see here.

The champion is a noble position appointed by the Baron (that is, you can appoint it, but you can't do so without a baron or greater noble being present). A champion has no special room requirements, but may make a single demand eventually. As the title of champion is now bestowed by appointment rather than merit, you may want to have your best teacher be the champion and conduct weapon demonstrations to boost the morale of training soldiers while your toughest killers go out and fight goblins.

"that is, you can appoint it, but you can't do so without a baron or greater noble being present" But i not have way to this.

I have a duke and i don't make that ?

Thanks you.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 05:18:24 pm »

You can check your progress getting the king in the nobles becoming the capital screen (active once you have at least a baron) (n)->(c). It will tell you your value for stuff like roads and offerings.