yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34491 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)
« Reply #675 on: March 03, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »

This will be fun army of crazy imps, and blind cave trolls here  come ( LOL )

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 03, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »

Wow thats some imp!

Ironyowl- i am totaly agreeing with you, the best way i have of incorporating personal growth in terms of wealth and luxiry is with that mood system i was using. I think I added lots of detail in this last game with all the kickknaacks you could get (in retrospect probably more than i should have, especially the traders) but individual characters can make whatever they want. And i am very forgiving in the crafting department compared to other games i've seen, you dont even need logs, or to cut down a whole tree to make something like a figuirine, not even the woodcrafting skill, it just takes you longer.

keep as many ideas coming if you'd like, I'd like. and if im not incorporating them enough let me know too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 04, 2011, 12:22:30 am »

Eeeexcellent. One day I shall have a throne of literal skulls. :P

As for ideas, mainly I think we should be able to have pets, slaves, and servants. Obviously you don't want things getting too bogged down, so it'd make sense for them to be extremely limited in number and/or have much simpler stats than we do, but I think it'd be neat to have an ogre bodyguard, faithful pet hellhound, or beaten-down elf slave whose name you keep mispronouncing. I'm not certain if you'd need to, but you could make it so they only really work near you, to reinforce the notion that your bodyguard isn't just more muscle for the whole dungeon, your hellhound is your companion and not a sentry for everyone, and your former adventurer butler is in charge of cleaning your shelves, not the library's.

The reason I didn't want to mention it earlier is because that is sort of thing is pretty tied into how minions for hire and the dungeon in general works, though the way I'm envisioning them they're almost like living equipment (bodyguard helps you in combat) and/or items (servant improves your mood).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]