Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What events sparked great imaginative images for you.  (Read 1416 times)

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
Re: What events sparked great imaginative images for you.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 04:53:52 pm »

I set up a small hovel for a champion in the caverns, just to be prepared. This dwarf wanders those lonely caves for years, crossing old battle grounds and rotting corpses.

Just out of his range of sight he hears horrible things slithering around, eldritch things from a time before time. Around him he hears the anguished cries of a troglodyte that met an unfortunate end, Or a fellow dwarf that met some grotesque forgotten thing.

Yet he continues his sojourn through those crystalline caverns, forever on his long patrol, waiting for a foe to appear that will endanger every one he knows, he gets no gratitude for what he does, no accolades, yet he continues to do what is right.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:54:38 pm »

A giant 10 Z level waterfall and a dwarf falling down said waterfall

Hanslineman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 05:54:25 pm »

I had a CraftsDwarf go Berserk today, after I couldn't provide him with bones. I have my military completely steeled out except they have wooden axes.. so In my head I have three dwarfs holding him down pounding on him with with wooden axes as he's busy snapping this dog's toes and breaking it's tail. Then he manages to stand up, which according to my report, is about the time my Militia captain said screw this, did a spinning kick to the side of his skull, bruising his head and driving his skull into his brain. at which point he passed out and then promptly died. I'm pretty sure my captain earned a title for this.

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »

Whenever I kill a Giant Olm, I basically imagine it exploding into thousands of pounds of meat. I sort of imagine Olms to be like brontosauruses, that explode at the slightest touch.

I've never seen Olms as Brontasauri before. I can sort of see it though.
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

Every dwarf missing a hand that holds both a shield and weapon in one hand.  I sort of imagine it like the shield is strapped to their arm and they are holding the weapon.

The best has got to be when one of my dwarves decapitated a goblin with her shield.  That image is awesome.
Pages: 1 [2]