Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd Site...  (Read 952 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Odd Site...
« on: January 06, 2011, 03:50:19 pm »

I recently decided to use the simple hack to get 16 dwarves, just toying around to see if it works or not, and turned off the "Bottom Layer" in Options.

When i embarked i was greeted with the cave-in announcement some 100 layers below the surface. Looking around the surface level I saw nothing unusual, so I went ahead and started digging in, looking for the aquifer (that's my current project, learn to breach aquifers without losing a miner... this is my tenth try) and i hit rock... Well according to the site it has an aquifer on the 3 sand layer, so i was a little surprised and decided to make a real fort suspended over the major river.

Needing the stone i started strip-mining the layer of stone. 4 layers below the ground in the midst of a copper vein... I hit that wonderful Cyan metal... anyone have ANY idea why this happened
Back to Mafia with me!

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Site...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »

I recently decided to use the simple hack to get 16 dwarves, just toying around to see if it works or not, and turned off the "Bottom Layer" in Options.

When i embarked i was greeted with the cave-in announcement some 100 layers below the surface. Looking around the surface level I saw nothing unusual, so I went ahead and started digging in, looking for the aquifer (that's my current project, learn to breach aquifers without losing a miner... this is my tenth try) and i hit rock... Well according to the site it has an aquifer on the 3 sand layer, so i was a little surprised and decided to make a real fort suspended over the major river.

Needing the stone i started strip-mining the layer of stone. 4 layers below the ground in the midst of a copper vein... I hit that wonderful Cyan metal... anyone have ANY idea why this happened
Seed?
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 04:04:07 pm »

Sometimes the god of metals rises well above the magma sea, there's even a thread about a place where with spire that extends into the sky. As for the cavern collasping check your weapons stocks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

Cydonian Monk

• Bay Watcher
  • Your robots are watching you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »

.... Except there isn't supposed to be Blue Metal without the Bottom Layer, right?

You got me OP. Sounds like a bug. Or a feature. Take your pick!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 07:00:51 pm »

.... Except there isn't supposed to be Blue Metal without the Bottom Layer, right?

You got me OP. Sounds like a bug. Or a feature. Take your pick!

That is what I was thinking, Didn't do much with it yet since it was late and i was sleepy, but plan to do some exploratory mining and check the Magma sea to check if it might hold some HFS, Will let you know more later.

I won't give the seed because:

A) I'm too lazy to put it together right now (it's being re-modded because one of the fans in making a weird whining noise, but i need the high airflow or the thing will fry)
B) Like I said earlier, I hacked the .exe to give me 16 dorf on embark
and C) Posting pics on Dialup is a Bitch and the site is hard to describe
Back to Mafia with me!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:33:42 pm »

Wait a second...

Are you sure it's adamantine and not microcline? I know it's a stupid question, but my brain can't grasp the alternative.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:04:27 pm »

It gave me the Praise the Miners! message so yes I'm sure... PC will be up tomorrow and will try
Back to Mafia with me!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 11:20:52 pm »

You have struck Microcline!

<trollface.png>

Problem, miners?