Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civ screen question  (Read 301 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Civ screen question
« on: January 08, 2011, 08:10:28 am »

What does this mean? (the W's and P's)

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civ screen question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 08:17:49 am »

It shows whether you are a (w)ar or (p)eace with the corresponding civilization. This doesn't matter much for goblins and kobolds, as they are hostile even if you are at peace with them. But if i read this right, it looks like you are at war with the dwarfs, which would mean no caravans until they send a diplomat and bring a peace offer (i don't know if dwarfs will even do that, i only know elves and humans can if you go to war with them by killing the human diplomat or killing the elven caravan a couple of times).

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:27:49 am »

but the P's and W's change if I move my ''cursor'' up and down with the arrow keys.... if I go to the kobold civ I'm at peace with everyone but at embark the Elves were at war with me and they still send ambushes. The dwarves haven't trade with me so it might be that they are really at war with me, what would suck...

But are you very sure it means peace and war? should it not stay at P or W the whole time...

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:37:52 am »

Just a guess-- you have the Elven civ selected. It is at peace with the Antmen (typical) and the Kobolds, but at war with the Dorfs.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:01:38 am »

^^ this is correct.  the w's and p's indicate the relations of the currently highlighted civ, highlight your dwarves to see your relations
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.