Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash on Embark, and other issues.  (Read 533 times)

UltraTwinkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash on Embark, and other issues.
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:45:21 pm »

I got DF.18 and tried to embark on a map only to be greeted with multiple crashes. If i try to embark on the largest site (entire block exposed) it crashes. It can't be because of the processor or RAM because i ran areas the same size in earlier versions. It also seems that when i pause and unpause the game freezes for a few seconds before returning to normal. Is this normal or do i have an actual problem? I also since DF.18 seems to crash every couple of minutes which makes playing DF hard. I haven't had an actual fortress in months and hope to actually play enough to get more than 7 dwarves is slipping away fast.

Lyceq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on Embark, and other issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:56:29 pm »

Have you tried generating a new world? I have one world that causes a lot of issues, crashing among them.
Mrs. Peacock is a man?!?

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:46:28 pm »

Redownload?

UltraTwinkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:08:09 am »

I redownloaded and regenned many times. None of them work.

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 02:16:46 am »

Assuming you're running a vanilla DF, straight from the website and ran, you can still get wonky worldgens where things go drastically wrong (Imagine magma 1000z levels in the sky and crashing down on the world like a meteoric armageddon), but they're fairly random, and not likely if you've regenned several worlds in a row.  I would suggest trying DF 31.16, or even earlier and going to 31.12, and seeing if you get the same issues.  It may be some quirk with your specific computer setup, especially if you're on a Linux/Mac machine.
Current Fort: NatureRags

UltraTwinkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:46:59 am »

Where can i find .16 mayday tileset however? It seems mayday only has 40d and .16.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:27:08 am by UltraTwinkie »