Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disappearing materials  (Read 570 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Disappearing materials
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »

New fortress, got my farmers running, booze is flowing, bedrooms made for up to 50 dumba dwarves, when my first wave hit. Did i ever mention how much i LOATHE the new immigration system? it pisses me off but back to where i was going with this...

My armorsmith gets a few mood! (he was a Grand High Master before lol)

He goes and grabs the only bar of metal I have (iron) then a cut sapphire, so I'm think nice, then he sits there wanting bones and leather. I slaughter a cat that came in, not enough... Now I'm getting exited cause this is going to be my first artifact to have more then 3 item... so a muskox that i had planned to keep alive. Then, since the human caravan is here, I added a bunch of Giant animal leather. He grabs 2. I'm jumping in my seat with anticipation of this item, hoping to get a self-referenced item. He bangs and comes out with a pair of Iron Greaves (hell ya! good armor to boot!) I wish i had the file still but I lost the fort to a seige, becuase it was described:

This is an Iron Greaves. All the work is of masrer quality. (or however it goes :s)

Thats it... no free decoration, no sapphires, no bones no leather... worth ~4k if i recall correctly....

What. The. Hell.
Back to Mafia with me!

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disappearing materials
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 11:01:45 pm »

ahahahahahahaahhahaahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahaha
LOSING IS FUN!

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:25:01 pm »

That's odd. I've only ever seen artifacts with bone as a base item drop its decorations, not for bone as a decorative material.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 11:14:11 am »

If you forbid the base material(s) of any mood, the new base material will be iron. When you have a stoneworker going fey with a limestone and a sapphire, you can get a limestone statue with hanging rings of sapphire and spikes of limestone. If you forbid the sapphire, the hanging rings will cease to be existing later (stupid tenses). If you forbid the limestone, you can get an iron statue with hanging rings of sapphire but no iron spikes. I think you forbade everything, so your armorer used the default base material (iron) and decorated the artifact with nothing at all.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 12:03:55 pm »

Nah i know about that trick, Didn't touch anything... and the first item he got was the iron bar.

Had another armorer fey mood, took just a bar of iron and managed to come out with 5.6k item... atleast I'm lucky enough to keep getting legendary armorers
Back to Mafia with me!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:26:53 am »

I know your armorer had iron, but if he had used it, the artifact would have at least one iron decoration on it. Did you mass-forbid something around there, or did you put your mooder in a weird burrow?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:02:26 pm »

No burrows, No mass forbid, REALLY wish I'd have kept that save now
Back to Mafia with me!