Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question for UristMcHouse (or any healthcare expert)  (Read 670 times)

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question for UristMcHouse (or any healthcare expert)
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:10:19 am »

So after numerous run ins with deadly vapor and dust beasts in my current fort, the now grand master surgeon actually managed to save 3 dwarfs from the rot. One child who only sustained damage to both feet, and the two brave king consort fighters (whom i deemed expendable to fight a dust forgotten beast together). Both of them had all their bodies rotten but were treated successfully. They guy who got the worst of it was rotten to the bone and had a splint on basically every body part. I've just checked and he's actually taken the splints off already. His wound screen reads (image):
Does this mean the listed parts are all missing? That would explain his brother in arms (he was up again sooner) fairing rather poorly against the next forgotten beast (he didn't hit it once despite being legendary in his weapon skill).
Eagerly awaiting an explanation, if you don't have one, tell me what i should do with the guy.

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question for UristMcHouse (or any healthcare expert)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:13:29 am »

Have you checked his thoughts panel? IIRC this shows that he is scarred there.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 10:15:14 am »

No it doesn't show anything (i think because the listed parts are actually really not there anymore so they can't be scarred). In the (v) (w)ounds screens every body part is yellow tho.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:13:18 am »

Well, I can't but doubt that his skin, his fat and all his muscle is just gone. He'd have to be dead for that.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 11:42:21 am »

Well he's currently doing his job keeping the last other remaining kingsquard soldiers skills from rusting.
But i doubt i'll see any more action in this fort unless i open the HFS.

Fayceless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:55:52 am »

I've noticed that treated wounds will still show up on this list, but not state any conditions.

In v-w screen are the wounds dark yellow or bright yellow?  If it's dark, it's just a bruise, and I don't think minor bruising shows up in the wounds list.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:58:32 am »

It's the bright yellow, that indicates functional damage (wiki calls it inhibited).

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 12:57:01 pm »

I think you have to scroll down on your screen. This screen loves to group stuff.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 01:43:46 pm »

Well, it goes on like this for every pretty much every body part (right lower arm muscle, then the left lower arm and so on). I think the eyelids only read left eyelid skin, left eyelid muscle (maybe eyelids have no fat).

Anyway a siege of around 50 gobbos just arrived so I'll have him get some frontline action, let's see if he still has some muscles  ;D

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »

No, I meant that somewhere down there it says what exactly is wrong with all these body parts.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:54 pm »

it doesn't (picture to clarify)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that's the very end of the wounds screen for him, the rest is similar.
The siege is over btw, but that bastard was sleeping in his bed the whole time.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 02:46:39 pm »

Perhaps he is already fully healed? Try dezoning or deconstructing the bed. Or perhaps there really is something wrong with this guy but your doctor is incompetent and can't make sense of the stench of blackening, slowly rotting body parts? Or perhaps your doctor is trying to worm his way out of work because he's had enough of this guy?

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 03:15:24 pm »

Oh sorry i didn't make myself clear, the guy is already up and running, I had to cave in him once tho, but that broke his arm and after having it patched up he left the bed. I just wanted to know if anyone had an idea what the listing without the injury type means  :D

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 03:33:29 pm »

Well, now it's all clear. I thought he was still in bed with everything repaired. Also, the health screen doesn't group stuff, my bad. Every single entry has to be mended separately. Well, your surgeon really did some extensive surgery there...

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 04:34:05 pm »

Yeah it was a sight to behold, after numerous vapor beasts that surgeon was already grand master (he once almost became legendary while performing surgery on some megarotten guy who would rot right back from advanced rot after surgery to serious rot over the course of a month or something removing rot from one part at a time at a speed of 1-2 surgeries per day. Alas the game crashed after i curiously inspected said soldiers health screen. When i reloaded everybody in the hospital instantly succumbed to infection.)
Looks like this time he got it right, even the dwarven child survived losing only some bits of its feet.

Dwarven healthcare = best healthcare.
After the next dust forgotten beast which he slew, he was covered in blisters, he went to the hospital but the doctor only said, you're fine. He left the hospital trailing blood, and without vision... Let's see how this plays out  :D

This actually looks like it might be the end of this fort. The disease is spreading rapidly and I'm pondering to abandon just to give the healthy dwarves a chance to flee.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:57:01 pm by shlorf »