Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: refusal to wear caps, I don't know why  (Read 380 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
refusal to wear caps, I don't know why
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:18:01 pm »

Most of my military dwarves are wearing both an iron cap and an iron helm. 2 of them, however, will only wear a helm. I've tried equipping and removing them multiple times, with both the helm and cap selected first, but still they won't pick them up. I have the caps in my stockpile and they are not forbidden. Why won't they wear it?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: refusal to wear caps, I don't know why
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:19:22 pm »

Are they wearing any other headwear?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:23:35 pm »

He's wearing a hood. How do I make him take it off?

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 10:29:57 pm »

i dont think hoods matter u can have a helm 2 caps and like 5 hoods i believe

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »

Is it possible that his head is too small or something? i don't see anything in his description that would indicate that he is anything other than average in size, though.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:32 pm »

see if other dwarves can wear the caps you are assigning them, or if you have enough caps.  i hear goblin clothing is considered too small and therefore not able to be used by dwarves

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:00:41 pm »

It was all made by my fortress, and the goblins haven't even started attacking yet. Aside from those 2, everyone is wearing a cap and a helm like they are supposed to.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:47:02 am »

If you have several squads, using the same uniform, make sure that you did not assign a uniform template using SHIFT ENTER, for the first squad. This sometimes reserves the equipment for vacant spots, in the squad, which a new squad cannot have access too.
 Make a new uniform template, with no items, and assign it to the vacant spots, in the squad. This should free up equipment for other squads. Of course, to solve problems at it source, just individually assign uniforms to active squad  members.

It takes a little bit of extra time, but less more confusion, in the long run
When you decide, you are about to transfer a squad member to another squad, assigning him/her the no equip Uniform template, will also free up equipment, and let you designate a new uniform easier.

Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 01:48:32 am »

I'll give it a shot.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 07:28:56 am »

You can also change the uniform to replace clothing instead of the default wear over the top of any clothing.  Press r in the uniforms screen to change the option, it does mean they will only wear what is assigned to them in their uniform.