Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mod question  (Read 290 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
mod question
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:07:27 am »

if i want nerves to heal when i add the mod, do i need to start a new fortress in that region or will it effect my current save?

also is there any mod to make ambushes more often?

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
Re: mod question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:19:19 am »

I'm pretty sure you don't have to gen a new game, provided you modded the raws of the current game.

There's also.. a modding section of the forums.........

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mod question
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:29:13 am »

You'll have to edit the save file's raws, not the global raws, but it will affect the current save.

There's actually lots of mods to make ambushes more often. For instance, I strongly suspect that at least some of the civilizations from Deon's Genesis mod will send ambushers. I'm totally certain that there are ambushing civs in Mephansteras's Civilization Forge mod will send ambushes as well. Basically, mods that make more ambushes and/or sieges are those that add new hostile entities with the BABYSNATCHER or AMBUSHER tag(s).

It's not possible to simply make the vanilla goblins, elves, and kobolds send more ambushers through modding except through making copies of those entities, which essentially makes "new" entities that are just totally identical to the old ones. Copying entities is a fairly simple process, however, involving going into entity_default.txt, finding the relevant entry (for instance, the [ENTITY:EVIL] entry), copying it, pasting the copy directly below the original, and altering the copy's entry name (from [ENTITY:EVIL] to [ENTITY:EVIL2], for instance). Requires a world regen, but that'll give you double the goblins.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!