Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question regarding the Funzone [Spoiler]  (Read 414 times)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question regarding the Funzone [Spoiler]
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »

In my last Fort, i've been amazed to find 140 z lvls on a perfectly flat spot.
After 5 years, i've discovered Adamantine more or less accidently (by opening the second cavern at about z-24).
After digging out just 4 lvls of it, i've opened hell, without even touching the 3rd cavern layer.

So i've had hell take up at least 80 z-lvls, + 30-40 lvls of chute through the adamantine vein.
Pretty excessive if you ask me :E

Any way for flatter maps, or more relatively safe adamantine? i totally didnt expect fun this far "up" in relation to the map height.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:30:24 pm by Lord Snow »

AWellTrainedFerret

• Bay Watcher
  • An Axe Knight draws near!
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding the Funzone [Spoiler]
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:52:07 pm »

You can create a world using advanced parameters to make just about anything you want; only problem is the parameters are very finiky and the wiki's explaination of what each one does is ridiculously vague. I just used trial and error really until I figured out generally how to make what I want.
The Axe Knight attacks before you are ready!
The Axe Knight chants the spell of SLEEP!
Thou art asleep.
Pepare'th thine anus.
Axe Knight hath no lube.

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding the Funzone [Spoiler]
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:59:54 pm »

You won't have adamantine if you don't enable hell. The best way to go about securing "safe" adamantine is to find an embark location with a demonic fortress, open hell via the demonic fortress, secure that, then dig into the adamantine shafts. I believe you won't get the message that you've entered hell or spawn 100+ demons.

An alternative option is to train 10 dwarves to legendary [insert weapon skill here], dodge, and shield user. They will then be invincible provided that you give them exceptional adamantine/silver blade/blunt weapons.
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder