Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves keep dropping clothes  (Read 2178 times)

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves keep dropping clothes
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:52:26 pm »

So my dwarves keep dropping clothes around the fort, and I have no idea why. All those that have rooms also have cabinets (though that's like 1/5 of my fort).

And they put them EVERYWHERE. my security door designed to redirect invadors was (and is) blocked by a whole wardrobe. 3 socks, a cap, a shoe, a cloak, and a few gloves. You can't lock that door, so it has been removed.

The same problem litters my hallways, dining room, danger rooms, studies, hallways, and so forth. Why do they do this, and how do I stop it?
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves keep dropping clothes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:54:19 pm »

Give everybody else bedrooms with storage capacity, so they'll move their claimed stuff there?

And make a nice big "finished goods" stockpile, so they can move all unowned stuff there.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:58:59 pm »

I think most of the stuff he is talking about are owned items.  They will not be moved into a stockpile and can't be dumped.  About the only way to get those items out of the doorways would be to deconstruct the door and rebuild it.  Dwarves will move the items to build things as long as there is some space around it to drop the items.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:01:24 pm »

I think most of the stuff he is talking about are owned items.  They will not be moved into a stockpile and can't be dumped.  About the only way to get those items out of the doorways would be to deconstruct the door and rebuild it.  Dwarves will move the items to build things as long as there is some space around it to drop the items.

This makes more sense, because I tried dumping them and the dwarves ignored it.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »

In that case, my first instruction applies. Give everybody bedrooms and storage space for their stuff, so they can put it away.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:18:10 pm »

The dwarf civs won't pick up their dropped gear ever.  They have no uniform set.  The only way to get them to pick up those items would be to kill the dwarf that owns them.  But I am sure you would not want to do that to your Urist McSwordMaster.
I play games of games inside games in my head.