Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Elvish Traders  (Read 1498 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Elvish Traders
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

letting them counter proposal
Unless your trader is so silver-tongued that you can do an even trade right at the beginning.

I recently managed to get a zombie mountain goat cage into the depot* but was foiled in my attempt to sell it by the siezed cage. Damn!

*Built cage outside and waited for merchants. Unbuilt the cage, paused, forbid and reclaimed it, ordered it to the trade depot, unpaused. I was expecting the mountain goat to be released without me having to set up a lever, but nope, zombie-filled cage on the trading screen.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 02:46:29 pm »

letting them counter proposal
Unless your trader is so silver-tongued that you can do an even trade right at the beginning.

I recently managed to get a zombie mountain goat cage into the depot* but was foiled in my attempt to sell it by the siezed cage. Damn!

*Built cage outside and waited for merchants. Unbuilt the cage, paused, forbid and reclaimed it, ordered it to the trade depot, unpaused. I was expecting the mountain goat to be released without me having to set up a lever, but nope, zombie-filled cage on the trading screen.

What'd they offer you for it?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 03:45:58 pm »

Not sure. 40 dorfbux? I'll see if I can replicate it next time I have traders.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 09:53:40 pm »

Double-posting to kick the topic back up:

Yes, it's replicable, and a zombie mountain goat in a plain cedar cage will fetch 60 dorfbux.

Something I didn't mention in the previous post is that I had an animal stockpile set up. Anyone care to try selling something more interesting?
Edit: I can't seem to release this animal at all despite having released (live) animals in this fashion in the current fortress. The dwarves treat it as hostile because if I unassign it to the cage they go and fetch another cage to put it in, but for trading purposes it might as well be tame.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:12:03 pm by Sutremaine »

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 10:16:48 pm »

what sucks is when i need something, like cloth, for something so i buy... lets say 5 bins of it and then i'm set for a few years.  but the next time they bring a bunch of it, its unfotrunate.

i have a similar question, should i buy the useless animals, such s bluejays?
Pages: 1 [2]