Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hi!, new gamer here!  (Read 2042 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!, new gamer here!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 12:26:25 am »

another quick question...

well I found a hole in said stuff and a bunch of red bulls came through, but I managed to wall the place (but two soldiers were trapped, they died together, killing 12 of them before falling :<.. )

the thing is, my FPS dropped to like 5... from ~20... are they doing to be there for ever until dispached, or they kinda leave after a while, like sieges? because if they stay, the fortress is kinda lost anyways due to fps :/

Yea, whats happening is that the demons are constantly trying to path to the surface, despite it being impossible.

One of the solutions that I know of, is to make a casted obsidian zoo on the surface, and make an alternate path to it, and let the demons go up there. Never done it. YMMV.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!, new gamer here!
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 12:28:51 am »

There's said to be an issue with demons spawned  when you breach hell acting like "trapped" siegers and trader, which mean they'd eventually go crazy and kill each other or kill other freshly spawned demons. It's take a while and quite glitchy for that to happen tho. If you just want to bypass all of that crap, use DFHack and encase them in obsidian.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.
Pages: 1 2 [3]