Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Metro 2033: The Text Adventure.  (Read 983 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Metro 2033: The Text Adventure.
« on: February 16, 2011, 10:15:48 am »

This is a text adventure adaption of Metro 2033, the game. Here is a link. I may not be completely accurate, and may add things time to time, such as new creatures for variety and new locations for fun. This will be an attempt at making a serious text adventure, so silly comments will be accepted, but will have no impact whatsoever. Spamming silly comments will lead you to be ignored. Make a serious suggestion instead of a non-serious one. It's srs bsn here!!!oneoneone.

Anyway, if you want to fight/convince someone, I go onto Random.org and see what comes up. If it is ten, you did well. If it is zero, you did badly. This also applies to doing anything that would require a stuntman in a film.

My name is Artyom, and this is my story.

Now, everyone has a story. My friend, Arkadi, once ended up cheating a Nazi out of his money with a claim he could read minds because Arkadi did not have enough bullets to get a train out of the station he was in, and everyone remembers how the nuclear holocaust forced us to stay down in the metros and how you couldn't even recognize earth. However, I will tell my story instead. It all started in my home metro, in what seems like a lifetime ago...

I remember waking up on the couch. This is perfectly normal for me, since space in the metro is very limited, so my home was a couch and a table. I was completely hungover from a night of getting drunk on shroom vodka and getting high on actual shrooms due to my 20th birthday happening. What can I say, I am Russian and I am from the metro. Shroom vodka was just normal for us.

"Hey, you woke up early." I heard the soothing voice of my father, and remembered just where I was. "Come on, you have to get up. Hunter is coming from the surface. Get yourself some food and then come to me. I'll be near the hospital." I realized I had completely forgotten about anything resembling Hunter coming to the station, and had instead got knocked out on drugs and alcohol.

I got up rather quickly. I had to get some breakfast, and then to Hunter!

Now, tell me what you think old Artyom should do next.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: Metro 2033: The Text Adventure.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:56:45 am »

Get breakfeast, then meet up with father and see hunter. Also, take one look at my postcard collection and wonder what mother was like.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Metro 2033: The Text Adventure.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:20:24 am »

I had a beautiful collection of postcards back then. You could not believe how expensive good quality postcards can be. It was worth it, though. They were always nice to look at. I did have a few erotic ones, but those were for late at night when I got very bored. I was struck suddenly by thoughts of my mother. I never really knew her, to be honest. I didn't know what to fee about her. I tore myself away from those thoughts and decided to go to the cafe.

The Metro Cafe was nearly empty, with a nice song on the radio. I sat down next to my dear friend Arkadi.

"So, Artyom, I forgot to give you your present last night. Happy birthday!" He began the conversation on a high note by giving me something that is very rare in the world of today. A book. It was called "The History Of Science" and the cover was slightly worn. The pages were perfect though, and that was all I could ask for. I always liked Arkadi. He knew what I liked, and I liked books. I even wrote my own book once, called Metro 2033. It was a history on the Metro, and Father even found a printing press to print posters and books. Apparently, it's quite popular but no-one really knows about me, caring more for the book.

"So, Artyom, how about I order you some coffee?" Arkadi asked. My silence was impolite, and I decided to say something.