Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird embark  (Read 788 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Weird embark
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:51:46 am »

So I was searching for a volcano with flux stone, at least one layer where I could find iron and an aquifer. I found a place that seemed cool... Then I embarked.

There is a mountain, a big one, taking nearly all the space of the map. There is a lake at the north-west, with nearly no other open space at the same level. There is also a pool of water ON THE VOLCANO and of course, this make obsidian times to times. The obsidian fall down the volcano, and I discovered so far with that:
1) The magma sea
2) The second cavern layer (not the first)
3) A magma pool, that goes from the magma sea to the second cavern layer without touching the others and that is really near of my volcano.

Now, what the hell should I do with that creepy map?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Weird embark
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:46:02 am »

You should upload it to dffd.wimbli.com RIGHT NOW.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nibby

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:41:35 pm »

For maximum fun, make a 1-time use trap for sieges that dumps all the magma in the pool on invaders.
I hate all my dwarfs. Especially Mr. Lazy Mason, too lazy to build a single rock table.

Daveorock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:24:04 pm »

Or for even more fun, make a multi use trap that dumps the magma on the invaders (magma pools/tubes and volcano magma will refill).
Twenty seconds after the collapse, 14 dwarves hit the ground simultaneously.
EDIT: make that 15. Not sure what took that last one so long.
Urist McLemming cancels Fall: Dangerous Terrain

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »

That doesn't sound that odd. I mean, in the real world it is not unheard of for the lakes to form in the calderas of volcanoes. Though it is interesting.

GrueSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RE: weird embark
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »

I had a similar one with occasional cave-ins, cotton candy tubes, and some murky pools above the volcano, pouring in and obsidianising. I decided to keep it for !!science!!, but I lost my only miner to obsidianisation, and said not worth it.