Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: adventure mode fort?  (Read 408 times)

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
adventure mode fort?
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:21:54 am »

I'm thinking of making a fort for my adventure character to explore, this is in 31.18 and I've only played 40d dwarf mode, I'm a little sketchy on my plans, and can someone give me a clue about what I should put in it? I'm thinking it'll only be 5 years, 10 max. Any help is appreciated :D
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: adventure mode fort?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:24 am »

Work on getting a metal industry up quickly so you can get quality steel (or adamantine) weapons and armors and platinum, gold, and lead bins to store said weapons and armors, and other things that you might want to easily locate in the ruins of the fort, in. Higher-weight stuff moves less when stuff gets scattered on abandon, so high-density metals are good to make bins out of to keep stuff near where it should be. Make lots of gold and silver coins to liberate your adventurer from economic worries, or otherwise make high-value, low-weight stuff for the same issue.

Also, make mazes, flooded tunnels, complicated mechanisms to change the layout of said mazes and flooded tunnels, and maybe even some treasure vaults that you need to use said complicated mechanisms to get into. Make sure you have pierced all 3 cavern layers and the magma sea so you can have lots of exciting critters hanging around. Otherwise, impressive subterranean vistas and cool designs can be fun to adventure in. Finally, devise ways that a(n un)lucky adventurer might "accidentally" destroy the way into your fort one way and have to take a longer, more difficult path back out, maybe even forcing the adventurer to go through the caverns to get out of there.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!