Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warm Blood?!  (Read 2315 times)

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Warm Blood?!
« on: December 25, 2010, 04:06:10 pm »

I just got an FB that has a 'Beware of it's hunger for warm blood!'

This is new!

Does it mean anything particularly worrysome, and is it as uncommon as it seems, since i've had so many and none ever said that?

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Warm Blood?!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 04:08:48 pm »

I just got an FB that has a 'Beware of it's hunger for warm blood!'

This is new!

Does it mean anything particularly worrysome, and is it as uncommon as it seems, since i've had so many and none ever said that?
Only had one like it, and the only thing related to blood it did was suck all the blood from its victim after stabbing it with its pump. It died right after that, but I can't say if it was due to that capacity, or the fact it beat the crap out of its target beforehand.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 04:22:47 pm »

It's like a leech, they can latch on and drain blood from their victims, causing intense pain, disiness, loss of blood(da) and sometimes nausea.  It can kill a dwarf really fast from one attack due to it draining all of thier blood.  I had one attack my legendary axelord, he didn't even get a counter attack before he passed out, vomited twice, then died of blood loss.
Nom nom nom

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 04:49:51 pm »

Yeah.  Due to a complete lack of tin, copper, iron, and flux (and sand!) on this map, i have crappy armor on everyone.  He got through a leather cap and sucked the brains out of a dwarf.  Otherwise noone was even hurt.

At least the sludgemonster is harmed and can only hurt my FPS with the underground river of frozen goo.

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 09:45:20 pm »

They always make me think of Starship Troopers.

...I wish Dorfs had rockets.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »

Wait... they don't?

Drawbridge + Quantum Stockpile = Planetary Shotgun.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 12:07:31 am »

I remember having one of those. It was made of water, so it never got close enough to my squads before it was shot into puddles, and I always wondered if it would do the blood sucking thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 02:21:52 pm »

Huh, I had assumed that was for FBs, etc, that lacked a special attack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »

Nope, and I've met FBs that still lacked special attacks of any kind. The only bloodsucking creature I've seen was, very appropriately, a huge mosquito.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.