Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This is weird... (Warning, Major Spoilers!)  (Read 3593 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This is weird... (Warning, Major Spoilers!)
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »

Maybe they are all stealth. And sometimes there are really just a few deamons to appear to check if they are sleath drop down a few cats.

Maybe. Also, It is now officially colonized by me. Sort of. More of a panic room at this point than anything.

Oh, we lost someone in a demon attack.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:11:23 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 01:40:07 pm »

Umm... does this mean that someone has actually beaten the game??  ???

Someone just won Dwarf Fortress??!!  :o :o
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 02:24:01 pm »

Umm... does this mean that someone has actually beaten the game??  ???

Someone just won Dwarf Fortress??!!  :o :o

IT DOES?!

I must appease Armok! Can I butcher demons?

EDIT: Oh, I can't...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:36:21 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 02:55:47 pm »

Even if you kill all the hidden fun stuff and start a massive plump helmet farm on the muddied bottom layer  you're still eventually going to loose,   Your most popular dwarf will have a mood requiring Crystal glass, Bismuth bronze, 50000 units of shell  and his neighbors skull, or your legendary +30 axelord's pet cat will wander into your goblin traps and fall asleep, or your baron will have everybody hammered into paste for selling an earring  and then the spiral will begin.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 03:03:20 pm »

Even if you kill all the hidden fun stuff and start a massive plump helmet farm on the muddied bottom layer  you're still eventually going to loose,   Your most popular dwarf will have a mood requiring Crystal glass, Bismuth bronze, 50000 units of shell  and his neighbors skull, or your legendary +30 axelord's pet cat will wander into your goblin traps and fall asleep, or your baron will have everybody hammered into paste for selling an earring  and then the spiral will begin.

I think to muddy my farms in the first place would cause me to lose. For Example:

1.Well, with all that water up there, I could just poke a hole in the cavern...

2.Or the magma sea. (Emphasis on 'Sea')

3.I am beneath an ocean, so...

4.? ? ?

5.How can my mud appease Armok?

6.DEMON BLOOD WILL BE MY MUD

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »

Mud for the mud god?
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »

The demons are gone, so clearly the dwarves should become the new rulers of hell. Instead of eternal torture, it is plump helmets and ale!

Best hell ever.

Sigging.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 11:01:57 pm »

You must make a dwarven colony in Hell and hope the natives continue to be kind.

Actually the 3 demons attacked. My unarmored miner with no military experience and a copper pick easily cut two down before dying. Then my other 6 miners killed that one.
I guess everybody's on holiday.
That, or they're investigating another breach.

They are -- Oarbelts the Magical Metal, part of The Pillar of Knives, has been invaded!
マグマキッド

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 11:22:20 pm »

Same thing happened to me. The demons just kind of chilled down there, doing nothing for a long time. One of them came up and decided to take on my militia, quickly killed it. I was pretty unimpressed, so I quit due to some FPS issues. Hell kills it.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 11:22:51 pm »

Mud for the mud god?

STONE FOR THE STONE THRONE
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 11:26:53 pm »

Actually, there was a bug with one of my fortresses.  Buncha shtuff happened, of which I don't wish to relate.  Suffice to say, demons are apparently very good vivisectionists.  >.<
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 06:55:02 am »

Hey, with everyone breaching into the armokdamned adamantine, it's hard to keep up with the demand. Them demons can't be everywhere at the same time. Your fort is gonna wait in line for the mass slaughter and unleashing of pure horror. Your ticket number is #548, they're currently serving #42. For any complaint, please go to your closest demonic slade fort. Have a nice day.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 07:12:11 am »

I guess everybody's on holiday.
That, or they're investigating another breach.
Sigging
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 11:00:31 am »

Unfortunately, the only way to beat the game is to dig every single block in a large world.  Or so most people tell me.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 11:50:36 am »

what's funny is that I actually had this happen before. like 1 uber-demon that came up...
oh yeah, he fought an ogre and set the caverns aflame. he even took out 3 ambushes.

we walled off the surface  :D and let him have fun there while we self-sustained. we also blocked off the caverns. OUR HELL!

I set up a booze motel there. all brewable underground crops.

and in adventure mode... Priceless.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 [2]