Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves Walking around with both legs broken and no crutch?  (Read 479 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves Walking around with both legs broken and no crutch?
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:03:29 pm »

Is this normal?  I'm pretty new to the healthcare system, but just recently one of my dwarves, my expedition leader in fact, suffered a tragic mining accident, breaking both of her legs.  Much to my suprise, this dwarf, after spending a few minutes unconcious in a pool of her own blood, got back up, crawled up 5 flights of stairs to get a drink and went to bed like nothing happened...
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves Walking around with both legs broken and no crutch?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 04:11:16 pm »

That's what happen before you do anything with healthcare. The moment a hospital zone pop up, everyone suddenly feel a need to rest.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 04:14:55 pm »

That's what happen before you do anything with healthcare. The moment a hospital zone pop up, everyone suddenly feel a need to rest.

So what should I do?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 04:22:59 pm »

*NOT* designate a hospital zone if you don't want her to lie in bed like a useless bum for the rest of her life. Leg injuries are often permanent because currently crutches won't be given to the patient, they'll stay in bed resting forever.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.