Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Autoback up?  (Read 640 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Autoback up?
« on: December 22, 2010, 09:45:50 pm »

I tried searching this but found no results on the forum, so here I am. Recently I have had a corrupt save and I can't seem to find the backups? AUTOBACKUP is set to YES. I looked around and have had no success at all. I am starting to believe they were never backed-up. So I ask what folder would they be saved in normally?

edit* grammar
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:51:59 pm by Immortal »

phi2dao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Autoback up?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:51:52 pm »

I'm pretty certain autobackup can only be set to NO, SEASONAL, or YEARLY.  Setting it to YES would probably have the same effect as setting it to NO.  Either way, if you have any backups, they should be in data/saves, along with your corrupted save.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:57:14 pm »

If your saved game list has region1-SEASON-YEAR, that's a backup.  Don't play from those; instead, when you need to restore from backup, delete your bad region1 and copy region1-SEASON-YEAR renamed as region1.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:29:32 am »

Don't play from those; instead, when you need to restore from backup, delete your bad region1 and copy region1-SEASON-YEAR renamed as region1.

Exactly. If you don't do that and instead load the backup save directly, then your next backup save will end with a name like "region1-SEASON-YEAR-SEASON2-YEAR2".
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.