Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Checking injury  (Read 588 times)

Demicus

• Bay Watcher
  • The formless enigma
    • View Profile
Checking injury
« on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:34 am »

I just recently took down a fb with deadly blood. I've had some dwarves die from bleeding. Is there a way to check if this was caused by the syndrome, or wounds sustained in the battle?
All shall embrace the unquenchable flame
Dwarf Fortress: The weak shall be culled, so the strong can have nicer socks.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Checking injury
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:46:05 am »

If you haven't played for long after killing it look through the combat logs (r) and then look for "the forgotten beast xyz is fighting" scroll through the pages and see if it actually hit someone. If it didn't then you might be at the beginning of a Fun pandemic.

Demicus

• Bay Watcher
  • The formless enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 01:50:50 am »

Seems like I have a fun pandemic. Several pets are bleeding to death. All of them have ichor on them. Luckily most of my dwarves have shoes, though a child with no shoes on bled to death from the syndrome. Unfortunetly it seems to be incredibly fast acting on killing things and my hospital is far from the cavern barracks where the beast was slain
All shall embrace the unquenchable flame
Dwarf Fortress: The weak shall be culled, so the strong can have nicer socks.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:11:37 am »

Be wary of the soldiers equip that still has ichor on it. I've had soldiers playing hot potato with mail shirts before. Every time one soldier died the armor would get carried to the stockpile some soldier would go "hey shiny new masterpiece steel mail shirt available" then a month later he'd bleed to death and so on.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 02:22:05 am »

Be wary of the soldiers equip that still has ichor on it. I've had soldiers playing hot potato with mail shirts before. Every time one soldier died the armor would get carried to the stockpile some soldier would go "hey shiny new masterpiece steel mail shirt available" then a month later he'd bleed to death and so on.

This is the best thing ever.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.