Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dirty dwarfs  (Read 1148 times)

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dirty dwarfs
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 01:33:37 pm »

a simple well, did trick for me. made under  (minus z-level from river bed) water tunnel from river to main hall. builded well on river's z-level. made zone "water source" by 3x3. no meeting hall option. and that's it.
my dwarfs started cleaning them self's.
imho - well should be priority building in new fort. in main dining room and hospital. you do want, to have your beards clean and neat, don't ya?
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 05:48:08 pm »

From memory the well then can cause other problems, as the dirt from your dwarves is now in the well (Unless its a well to something flowing)

Is there a way to have a well, but have it safely blocked up? I don't want nasties using it to move around my fortress.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 06:15:31 pm »

When a dwarf uses a well to clean themself, the blood and other detrius is dropped where the dwarf stands as he cleans himself. This can get on other dwarves, but it can also be cleaned up by idle dwarves with "Clean" as an enabled labor.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

CaptRory

• Bay Watcher
  • One manly, dwarvenly, Mr. Saturn
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 09:10:15 pm »

Question:

If you have grating or some thing else set up in an area of the sort, would the castoffs from washing fall away through the grating?

Say, if you surrounded a well with floor grates, and a dwarf washed off The Corrosive Ooze of Dwarf Melting or whatever you like, would it stick to the grating or would it fall to the next level down?

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:05 pm »

They stick to the grating. I have a shower set up in my main hallway that every dwarf walks through at least twice a month (it's between the bedrooms and the dining hall, with no way around), and the grates are covered with the blood of everything that has ever bled in this fortress. Sadly, dfcleanmap won't get rid of them, I suppose because it's either not a solid surface or they're all considered "pools",
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Azhral

• Bay Watcher
  • Lets get Tactical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »

I've started doing this, the amount of blood that comes off in the sheep dip at the front entrance is amazing.

Still, dfcleanmap has no problem cleaning up that. The pools of blood turn back to water, but I suppose thats not very dwarfy.

On the topic of cleaning, anybody got soap to work? Does one need to set up a soap stockpile next to a well or something? I had mine set up next to a resorvoir designated as a water source and still got all the 'area inaccesible' spam.
Pages: 1 [2]