Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deathlabor...  (Read 1326 times)

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deathlabor...
« on: December 15, 2010, 05:42:54 am »

That's a good name, I though, when it came up randomly.  Should give a normal fort that cynical edge...

Simple site.  After gorging myself on magma cliffs and craters, this is a flat plain where two rivers meet. Not haunted, terrifying or anything like that...

Seven dwarves arrive, with two war dogs. The war dogs killed the zombie buzzards, but the zombie carp and pike triumphed.  All the dwarves were running around in a panic, so I drafted the miners into a makeshift militia - they sorted out the zombie fish problems, and started on the zombie alligators, until one was separated and struck down.

Drafted the farmer as a new miner, ignore the complaints and bad moods, and start digging...

Two seasons later, a master armourer is the first fey dwarf - usually it's a jeweller or craftsdwarf... Built a forge, and he claims it and screams out for bronze.  Have to build a woodburners, a smelter, dig 12 layers down, discover a cavern I didn't need quite yet, sidestep it (to find tin ore), and then smelt it, and he goes and makes ....

...a bronze shoe.  At least I have a legendary armourer now. (sigh).

PS Cavern, in keeping with the theme, has a zombie pondgrabber

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Deathlabor...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 05:46:11 am »

You started with war dogs? Coudln't you save points by turning on the labor for a dwarf, having him build a kennal, training two normal dogs, and turning the labor back off?
On a side note, BRONZE SHOES ARE AWESOME! Now you need a legendary kicker.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:50:58 am »

You started with war dogs? Coudln't you save points by turning on the labor for a dwarf, having him build a kennal, training two normal dogs, and turning the labor back off?
On a side note, BRONZE SHOES ARE AWESOME! Now you need a legendary kicker.

Bronze shoeS maybe, but it sounds like he only made a single shoe...

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 11:49:56 am »

How did you get undead in a non-evil biome?
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:30:57 am »

No idea why everything was undead, but when a FB managed to cripple 8 of my militia before they killed it by ripping a leg off (great fun to see - legs everywhere) and the rest of the lazy little maggots left them down in the caverns while they partied, I diverted the river into the fort in revenge...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 10:03:24 pm »

How did you get undead in a non-evil biome?
Alternately, I'm on a terrifying biome and I have yet to see a single zombie. Mostly just Harpies.