Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A couple world gen questions  (Read 758 times)

RaSchumann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A couple world gen questions
« on: December 23, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »

Are you guys getting more rejects that before? 705981100 has a little over 100

Also, on worlds where you have an ocean on the right side and a mountain range next to it, I find peaks bisecting two different oceans that would of otherwise have a one-tile wide connection

I've found this in more than one world, in different versions, is it a quirk or something?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A couple world gen questions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »

The one world I've tried had less.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »

The biggest fix that Toady made in 33g was to make it so that the name you gave a world had no effect on the generation - so that if I used a seed, it'd be the same for anyone else who used it no matter what name they gave the world.

Unfortunately it seems that is also changing some of our previous "good" seeds into completely different worlds now.

In version 33f, Paul's seed (4265985437) generated exactly as he listed. In 33g, its totally different. *sigh*

[EDIT] If you have a seed you MUST have, you can generate it in the 33f, then just copy the save folder into the new version. Seems to be the only way it'll work.

[ December 23, 2007: Message edited by: Hamster Man ]

So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 01:07:00 am »

Yep, in 33g my wonderful world is gone. I've been playing around in a new one, but I'm not very satisfied with the location. If I find a really good one I'll post it again.

My main gripe is to get adamantine and magma I have to make it 8x4, and theres way too much bauxite and hardly any magnetite.

And my other site, chosen for it's evilness, only has muskoxen and an occasional werewolf. Where are all the skeletons?

Oh, and more on topic - Not getting more rejects than average, I've found several seeds with 0. It's just that the old seeds have changed.

[ December 24, 2007: Message edited by: Paul ]

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link