Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bulletstorm  (Read 2010 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Bulletstorm
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 09:24:24 pm »

"OH GREAT WERE DID THIS GIANT DICK COME FROM?!"

I love this game already, and I'm not even into FPSs.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 09:44:32 pm »

Seems vaguely interesting, though something I'd rather play from a top-down perspective :P

As an aside, did anyone else wince when it came to that part where the dude was hand-over-handing across that cable? Having to mash button to advance like that is kinda' a turnoff...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 10:56:41 pm »

I don't think that was button mashing, I think it was timing.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 05:04:29 am »

Seemed like a simple concept to me and i have seen and done it in many games....that looks pretty sweet...simply because its a bit of a break from all these medal of honor/call of duty types as well as an fps that isn't so serious...there all like a bunch of wiggers...trying to be hard but missing the spot (course I spose that depends on peoples perspective and if they know what all that is like at all).

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 05:19:00 am »

Seems vaguely interesting, though something I'd rather play from a top-down perspective :P

Actually that sounds like a really good idea to me! A top down based futuristic squad combat game with humour. That would be good.

Not sure it looks like it's got the 'immersion' I look for in a FPS. He stands there while the gatling gun bullets bounce off him, then runs up to the boss and kicks him dead.

I always think FPSs benefit from the player having a sense of fragility. If you just walk round soaking up gunfire, and kicking people dead in one shot - I don't know - it just smacks of running out of novelty real fast. I wonder with what seems to be quite a lot of scripted audio, whether it will be a bit 'on-rails'.

Graphics are beautiful though. That giant hamster wheel is cool.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 10:19:00 am »

Oh Jake, you and your shallow Call of Duty mind. Game looks fun though. Filled with testosterone. Will probably never buy it though.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.
Pages: 1 [2]