Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outpost liaison is a git.  (Read 467 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Outpost liaison is a git.
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:22:33 am »

Well, she really is. :( The previous liaison (the first one) left unhappily because it took my expedition leader too long to see him and then I suddenly had a mayor pop up out of nothing, and I guess diplomats don't like change. Oh well, fair enough, no harm done, I thought when the second liaison came round. Only this one is absolutely party-mad or something. She just keeps mooching around between my meeting hall zones. At a point in time, while my Mayor was sleeping, I lured and locked her in his office (by making it a meeting hall and deleting the others), locked the door between his bed room and the hallway and the one between office and hallway. (Between his bedroom and the office is his dining room, without a door to the hall)
And, sure enough, he went 'conduct meeting' when he woke up. He went to his office, stood at one end of the table and she at the other (chairs? Ignored.) He mentioned 'conduct meeting' still, but nothing happened.
I unlocked the door between his office and the hallway when he was getting thirsty and the diplomat has gone back to her exciting adventures in walking from the well to the dining room. She is either a snooty bitch or completely cuckoo.  :o
But, unfortunately, I expect I'll still need to talk to her. Is there a way to make her talk? The caravan she arrived with has long left (it's mid-winter, Opal.)

Also; an elk bird just tore someone's head off.

And got it's own head hacked off by a lasher (with an axe.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:26:41 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost liaison is a git.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:49:13 am »

Forgive me, I was too impatient.  :-[

Late winter, 11th Obsidian, talks have been started. I don't know why she was walking around for so long, but finally we start.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:40:37 am »

This article should be rated "D" for Dwarf.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 10:08:06 am »

Or d. For dumbass. :( 16 Granite, the diplomatic talks have concluded. Finally. Also, I seem to have to imprison someone. :O