Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No dwarf world  (Read 423 times)

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No dwarf world
« on: December 15, 2010, 07:38:57 am »

Well, the title says it all. I want to RP a bit and play "lastdwarfintheworld" thing and for that i need nodorf region. I read about setting titans number to 80 or so and that it will help in extinction of civilization. But only thing i can make with that is Adventure only mod with humans/elfs availiable to play. Could you please advise me on how to do it? Or post world.gen parameters?
Thanks!

P.S.
I found "no dorf world" on http://dffd.wimbli.com , but how do i play it? its just raw folder with some files in it. I tried to generate a pocket world and replacing files in it but that didnt work.

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No dwarf world
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:24:15 am »

The easiest way I've found is at the end of this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72275.msg1772155#msg1772155

The thread has a couple of other suggestions as well.

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 08:43:28 am »

I managed to start that safe properly, but on when i choose my embark i still can see on Civ screen that i have all 4 civilization including dwarfs. So this mean i still not alone, or its just a some sort of a bug?

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:44:49 am »

Dwarven Civs will show up if they EVER existed.

In .31 you seem to always get the first two immigration waves (they tend to be smallish).  Expect 'last 15' instead of 'last 7.'

Also: The way to tell that dwarves are well and truly dead is this:

On the civilization selection screen the starting home of each civ will show up on the map in blue omegas.  If you see no omegas - the mountainhome burns at the touch of the goblins/elves/mega/whatever and you can be assured that immigration will stop after wave 2 or so.

If you see an omega (selecting different dwarven civs should make it move, to help locate it), you are embarking from a live civilization.

I'm fond of using a copy of .31.12 to create dead civs, btw.  Instructions for that are found later on in the thread.

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:12:08 am »

Thanks, didnt know that. I cant see omegas on the map though i still can see civilization name listed. Well, im gonna play that and see. Thanks for your help again, and im waiting for your instructions!