Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do you think is going on here?  (Read 3767 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think is going on here?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 05:12:35 pm »

You should also consider marking the puddles as restricted traffic areas as soon as they appear so nobody walks in them. Also, build shoes for everyone.

The restricted area did not seem to work, it was something I tried a long time before and dwarves still ended up in them all the time for some reason.

The shoes idea is one I also thought of, I have been making leather low boots, *about 40 pairs so far* and they have been removed from the leather works so I know they are being worn by someone.  I actually think that is making a difference, but I wont know for certain until the entire fortress has shoes and no one falls over anymore.  LOL not that it matters, it is more hilarious now than anything watching a dwarf fall over with paralysis, not being able to breath, then realizing he does not need to because the raws have the [nobreath] tag.

Check your armor stockpiles. Low boots count as armor and are not worn by normal dwarves. Assign them all to squads with low boots in their uniform.

I have no armor stockpiles, or clothing stockpiles.  *not a usual thing just this game decided to play a bit different.  So I can check how many of each thing are getting used by looking inside of the workshop.

Wait, ground level as in exposed to the outside? Because weather features can clean off your dwarves. So if it's snowing out, you'll have everything washed off in no time. Fortunately, such features also clean off exposed tiles, so if that's it then the pools should leave on their own.

Actually it seems to be the reverse, more and more pools are showing up, where dwarves have never walked, and any dwarf that gets this stuff on them I know immediately because they become paralyzed and do not move. 

I got a idea desing a garbage dump (1 tile) veery deep in the ground put the dwarves to dump the stuff that makes you problems , build 10 meters long walls around the garbage zone and seal it

Well, first of all, you can't dump contaminants. Second of all, the dwarves dumping them would catch the disease and get paralyzed as well, making them drop what they're holding and making some other dwarf do it for him, which will cause yet another dwarf to touch the extract.

Yeah as far as I can tell my dwarves cannot interact with these objects other than to get their feet blistered and become paralyzed
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.
Pages: 1 [2]