Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to make a creature non-frightening  (Read 1708 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a creature non-frightening
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 02:11:06 am »

[BENIGN] makes the creature non-agressive, but the dwarfs will still fear it.
I've got some [BENIGN] building destroyers and my dorfs dont seem to mind them at all. Even when they are wrecking the chairs in the dining hall they just casually sit down and eat or drink or whatever. Heck, I even managed to build walls surrounding the creature.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 02:15:06 am »

Realy? SWEET AS! Totaly exploiting that now. From what I had seen, dwarves didn't realy care for that tag.

Does this imply that were I to put BENIGN on a race, make an entity out of that race, and make the entity item theifs, then when they got caught the dwarves wouldn't care?

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 06:15:46 pm »

heh you could also add [LIKES_FIGHTING] to your dwarces, and they'd all gang pile whatever it was >:P  But single dwarves tend to charge stuff with that (like titans etc).

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 12:42:25 am »

Realy? SWEET AS! Totaly exploiting that now. From what I had seen, dwarves didn't realy care for that tag.

Does this imply that were I to put BENIGN on a race, make an entity out of that race, and make the entity item theifs, then when they got caught the dwarves wouldn't care?
I believe that'd make the race act like vultures or buzzards (you are thinking about kobold right) so they'd run back and forth near your dwarves trying to grab something. However, as I also have [BENIGN] on buzzards, dwarves seem to run away from these [BENIGN] & [CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] creatures. Probably they are considered hostiles while trying to grab dwarven stuff. This might also have something to do with the fact that civilian dwarves themselves are [BENIGN] and thus pretty much pansies themselves.

Linking from my mod thread as proof on [BENIGN] doing its job, this orangutan looking thing is wrecking my beds and my dorfs built the fortifications just fine, not scared at all.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 12:53:04 am »

Well if it is the [CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] tag that causes dwarves to act that way, then this can be over come by the [ITEM_THEIF] tag in entity.

Darn, I hate testing entitys, it takes sooo long.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 10:34:14 am »

Darn, I hate testing entitys, it takes sooo long.

Does that mean I shouldn't ask if these tags fall under the "will confine itself to caste only" banner or "will apply to all castes, even if you're trying to use it with just one" category?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 [2]